Natalie Rosinsky, a delightful American SCBWI colleague has made contact with Wendy Blaxland to meet other members while she is visiting Sydney.
Natalie is a veteran, award-winning author of non-fiction for the children's educational market, writes articles for adults and has taught at the university level. Click here to read her most recent article, published in the Children's Literature Network's online magazine:
This is a fantastic opportunity to take advantage of
the worldwide nature of SCBWI membership meet Natalie, who is a very
experienced and widely-published writer.
Reasons to meet Natalie
This means you can
· discover what the writing world is like in the US.
· find out about different publishing opportunities in the US.
· learn about the Magazine Merit Award Competition, which Natalie has judged as well as won. This is another facet of SCBWI membership you might find interesting.
· share what the writing life and publication industry is like for us here.
There are two possibilities for you to meet Natalie:
Wednesday 6th February dinner, between 6 and 7pm.
· Sadly, this will cut out all of those involved in the CBC Northern Suburbs Committee planning meeting on Wednesday evening, but I am hoping some other SCBWI members may be able to make it.
Anyone interested please contact Natalie directly. While in Sydney, her mobile is 507 317 8955.
Saturday 9th February 1pm afternoon chat Marion St Theatre
Wendy Blaxland will be there and it will be a lovely informal chat in their beautiful theatre foyer. It is a literal two-minute walk from the station, so it’s easy to get to by train, or find parking around the streets or in the car-park opposite the station. Please email Wendy to let her know if you can be there: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a golden opportunity to explore the world of publishing in America from the perspective of a talented, experienced, delightful and well-published American author; do take the opportunity if you can!