The School Magazine is over 100 years old and has published many of Australia's most loved authors and illustrators. They have recently updated their submission guidelines, which you can find below.
The School Magazine now only accepts manuscripts via email. The email address to use is: firstname.lastname@example.org
We publish short stories, articles, plays, poems and activities for primary school children. All material must have literary and academic merit.
Each magazine in upcoming issues will have a set topic and we welcome submissions that relate one of these topics. We are currently calling for manuscripts on:
· Science Fiction
· Celebrate Australia
· Send your manuscript as a Word document attached to an email
· Please only send one manuscript per email
· We will accept a maximum of 12 unsolicited manuscripts from any writer in a calendar year.
· Please ensure that your writing is carefully edited, formatted in an easy-to-read font and double-spaced.
Each manuscript should begin with the following information:
· Your name (and pen name, if this is different)
· Your email address
· A statement verifying that the work is original and that you have the right to submit it to us
· If the work has been previously published, details of when and where it was published
· Which of our topics the text relates to, if this is applicable
· Word count for stories, articles, plays and activities, line count for poems
· Four or five key words to help us identify the topics, themes, styles, and subjects
We aim to contact you by email within 90 days of receiving your manuscript with the outcome of your submission. Please note that we do not offer editorial feedback on submissions.
Read more about the magazine here.