SCBWI authors/illustrators may submit their books for presentation in the on-line in a digital catalogue and for display of each book on the SCBWI stand.
Frances Plumpton ARA will represent Australia East & New Zealand where she will showcase the PAL books from our region. She has generously offered to transport and display SCBWI Aus/NZ books at the world's largest trade fair for kids' books, but places are limited due to baggage restrictions, so it's first in, first served.
As a condition of entry, SCBWI HQ has included a charge of $US25 for each title displayed, to be paid for by the author/illustrator directly to the SCBWI website. If your publisher holds the rights for your book, you can still send it for the SCBWI display. Just ensure your publisher's details are on the back cover: Rights Holder (Publisher) and Publisher email. Details are below:-
- the book will be showcased on the regional table
- it will be included in the booth display, and,
- it will be included in a digital catalogue that will be available through the bologna.scbwi.org website and provided on promotional material distributed at the fair.
- Only PAL books published after January 1, 2014 are eligible for display.
- One title per member is permitted for display.
- Members must register and pay US$25 through the Bologna SCBWI website here: https://bologna.scbwi.org/events/bologna-2016-regional-showcase/ to display their book in the regional showcase (once their region is listed as being in Bologna)
Members must also arrange at their own expense to deliver the book to Frances Plumpton at:-
Frances Plumpton Literary Agency
PO Box 15 061 New Lynn, Auckland 0640, New Zealand
Your book must be delivered to Frances Plumpton by 1 March 2016.
- The Assistant Regional Advisor will not be responsible for books that do not arrive by this date.
- Rights for each book must be available and clearly displayed on the reverse of the book (details here link to http://bologna.scbwi.org/rights-information/).
- TO be included in the digital catalogue please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
o front cover image (less than 1MB)
o short synopsis (less than 100 words)
o short bio (less than 40 words)
o genre (picture book etc)
o and back cover details as per information at http://bologna.scbwi.org/rights-information/
The books will not be returned but will be passed to the International Youth Library Munich (http://www.ijb.de/en/about-us.html) for their collection. This also enables them to be entered into the prestigious White Ravens catalogue (link: http://www.ijb.de/en/publikationen/single/article/the-white-ravens-2014/34.html and 2014 here - http://www.ijb.de/en/publikationen/single/article/the-white-ravens-2014/34.html).
- There are no refunds.
- For comprehensive look at the our scbwi Bologna presence see bologna.scbwi.org.
For more info on Bologna, please click here: http://bologna.scbwi.org/scbwi-bologna-book-fair-2016/news-2016/
Please email Frances if you'd like to know more.